"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Taking a Minute

I have spent the morning doing many things, one of which has been catching up on my journal. I am desperate to get caught up on the last couple of months before I start to forget details. I am one to want to do things in chronilogical order and as much as I hate to cause a break in my train of thought, I feel the need to write about what is going on in our house at this very moment. And in our livs at this very moment.

We are all sick. Well, most of us any way. I have what feels like the flu. Fever, chills, achy body. Lauren has it too. She is snoring soundly on the couch right next to me. Hailey has a double ear infection and stayed home from school today. She is in our bedroom playing PBS Kids online. Devin has a terrible cold and has been running fever off and on for days now and he is sleeping in his crib. Garrett for the moment, is sleeping in the swing. That boy has given us a run for our money since the day he was born. The poor guy was up a lot during the night unable to breathe because of congestion. He threw up twice all over himself during the night because while trying to clear his throat, chest, and sinuses, everything in his freshly filled stomach would come up as he gagged. And then he'd start all over again by re-filling his stomach. Oh, such a long night.

Poor Cody has been sleeping on the couch for five straight weeks. Garrett is such a handfull during the night and since I need him in our bedroom, there's no way Cody would get any sleep if he was in there with us. Maybe one day we will be normal again and be able to sleep in the same room again. Is there such a thing as "normal" when you have as many kids as we do in as many years as we do? Five kids in barely seven years. Just saying it outloud makes me tired.

I have seven baskets of laundry that need to be folded. I need to take apart the little boy's room to prep it for new paint on the walls. I need to clean out the pantry and frdge.

The last of the help left this morning. My dad has been here for two weeks and I was so sad to see him go this morning. He is the last of the grandparents to be here and it hurt when he left. He was a huge help to me and I will greatly miss that, but moreso I will miss his company. I love my dad and have a super relationship with him. He has a way of making any one of his kids feel like his "favorite". Whenever I am with him one-on-one, I am his favorite.

I should be unloading the dishwasher, or ironing Hailey's baseball uniform because we have to leave here to go have her team pictures done in one hour. And I haven't the faintest idea what we will have for dinner tonight.

No comments: