"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Mini V

Yesterday right after breakfast, Hailey grabbed a pen and paper and sat down to draw. After a few minutes I asked what she was drawing and she said "I am planning out our next trip to the zoo." She then explained to me how she had mapped out exactly who would be going, how we would get there, what we would see first, when we would eat lunch, when we would ride the little train, etc. And sure enough, she had in fact drawn it all.

Hailey can often times be found doing this sort of thing. She is the ultimate planner, and I swear it must be genetic. Cody has teased me since she was little and began showing this same characteristic that she was a "Mini V". When I was a kid I had a clipboard and I carried it with me a lot of the time. I could always be found planning something of sorts. Family Home Evening, family outings, playdates with friends, I would also plan out what I wanted in my lunch for the rest of the month or so. I loved planning, and I still do. One of my favorite things as an adult is to write in my planner. I love making to-do lists and I LOVE scratching completed things off my list. I love printing off our family calendar each month and filling in upcoming events.

And this little girl is just like me in that regard, right down to her annoyance when things don't go according to her plans. Right now she is in the process of planning her sixth birthday party. Even though it is not until January, she is busy making plans. The details change every now and then, but the overall plan stays the same. When I journal about it next year, keep in mind that it will likely be 90% out of the mind of Hailey. I hope that she can harness her ability to plan and organize and put it to her advantage as she gets older. It will come in handy a lot in school and the workplace, that's for sure. And then when she has a household to run, I think she will be in Heaven because it takes a LOT of planning and organizing!








2 comments:

Meghann said...

I remember in 7th grade science class, you were wanting to start a party planning business with me. :)

Veronica said...

Meghann, no way!! That is too funny and it doesn't surprise me at all! :)