"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Friday, May 13, 2011

Garrett's Blessing Day

Garrett was given a name and a blessing on May 1st, when he was exactly four weeks old. It was a very emotional day for me, considering it was the last time we'd ever bless a baby like that. Garrett's life has been full of many bittersweet "lasts" for us. But with each "last" it opens up new windows for new experiences as we embark upon this new phase of life.

I was emotional as I walked into church with all five of my children in tow. I was emotional as I looked around the chapel to see everyone who had come out to honor Garrett and to stand in the blessing circle. I was emotional as the Bishop stood from the pulpit and said his full name, announcing that he would be blessed that day. I was emotional as Cody tok him from my arms and walked with him up to the front of the chapel. I was emotional as I listened to the sweet words he spoke, blessing him with beautiful things in life. I was emotional as he talked about Garrett's free agency and how he blessed him to be strong and to know right from wrong and to be a good example to everyone he comes in contact with in life. I was emotional as Cody talked about his four siblings and his two parents who love him and how we would always cheer him on in life. I was emotional as he talked about his siblings being his best friends. Yes, it was an emotional day for me.

After chuch we all congregated back at our house for a luncheon. It was great to visit with friends and family that we don't get to see that often. The day could not have been more perfect and I am so thankful for this new person in my life. I am so thankful to be his mama.













No comments: