"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Beautiful Day

Today was absolutely gorgeous. The inversion was kept to a minimum and the temperature was so comfortable. These days will be coming closer and closer as spring approaches. Yippy! I couldn't wait to get Ethan home from school so we could all play outside. After all the sickness we've had in our house this past week, Mommy really deserved a day in the fresh air! Cody bought some new soccer balls and I wanted to try them out. Jen (neighbor) has soccer goals for her kids so I thought it would be fun to set up a mini field. Apparently I was the only one interested in that. Ethan didn't even want to go outside. He said he just wanted to play with the toy food and kitchen. What a girl! I forced him to get out in the sunshine. I'm such a mean mom. I think we had a fun time after all. Jen's and her kids came out to join us.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
We can't forget that Lauren was there too! Such a cutie all bundled up. FYI, the hat was knitted by her great Aunt Lyn, sweater by Grandma A, and blanket by Aunt Kara.

Photobucket
While Jen and I were outside talking, we looked around and realized all the kids had gone inside my house. I raced in to find Hailey sitting in a squished pile of chocolate cake on the floor. How did she manage to get a hold of that???

These are pics I took for Grandma A. Lauren finally fits into the sweater and hat so I'm sending these to her. By the way, she entered these items in the county fair this past fall and the sweater took first place and the hat took second!

Photobucket

Photobucket

4 comments:

Joey and Nettifer said...

Wasn't yesterday awesome! I couldn't believe the weather! Lauren's outfit is adorable!

Bellblogging said...

Ya! Can't wait for summer! Cute blog....love the cake mess, somehow something like that always happens!

Ute Family said...

Lauren is absolutley beautiful...a perfect face. She looks so cute in that outfit. I just love baby girls!!

Miles and Bex said...

I needed to do some major catch up with your blog. I am glad you got E some speech help. Brayden is doing awesome with his speech. People can always understand him now. I wish we could go play in our backyard with out the snow. One of these days. At least it has been in the 40's. Does E still love Baseball?