"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Swim Party

Our friend Madelyn had her 3rd birthday party and she invited us. She had a big pool party at the Rec Center and it was so much fun. Thanks W family for the invite! Here is a little re-cap of the day starting with when the kids got up. All week they have been talking about the swim party and they've been overly anxious to go. On Friday I kept telling Ethan "When you wake up tomorrow, after the sun comes up, then it will be time to go swimming". I should have been more specific because at the butt crack of dawn Ethan came into our room holding his bathing suit. He said "Mom, the sun is up now!" I swear it was like Christmas morning to them. Can anyone tell that we are soooo tired of winter and ready for summer activities?
Photobucket
This picture was taken right after breakfast. Did I mention that the party wasn't until 6:00 p.m.? And why on earth does Ethan have his hand down his pants? Look at that naughty expression on his face!

I went to get my hair cut after lunch and apparently Hailey had been having her typical tantrums while I was gone. The child is the biggest drama queen I've ever known. She wanted to go swimming RIGHT THEN and she got her boots on and everything. When I said it wasn't time to go yet she had a meltdown. This is the evolution of that, ending with her in the naughty corner. It was such a funny scene and this kind of stuff makes great blackmail for a teenager. (Notice the change in bathing suits. What a clothes horse.)

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Once we were at the pool things were fine, except that the water was SOOOO COLD!! Even being indoors it was still freezing. Hailey lasted about 10 minutes. I didn't swim because I was watching Lauren the whole time (and taking pictures). Hailey decided it was more fun to hang out with Mom and Lauren. And after all that effort she made all day with the tantrums!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Lauren tried to be a good sport, but I think the noise and the over-powering smell of chlorine was getting to her. She wanted to be back at home.

Photobucket
Hailey has this strange obsession with buckling the carseat, even when the baby isn't in it. And stand back while she does it herself or Heaven help the soul who stands in her way!

6 comments:

Julie said...

Ali has the same obsession with everything that buckles. Ugh.

So, what is freezing water to you? lol It is snowing again here but only -2*C, which is really nice after the weeks of -35* we have had.

Julie

Ute Family said...

Wasn't the party fun! I wish we could've talked more. I just love your hair short, by the way.

Lydia was the opposite of Hailey...she loved the water and I had to force her to get out because I was the tired one.

Kristi said...

Fun party! Adi was sick so we couldn't come, and Jace has a gosh awful cough so I guess that freezing water would have done us in! I love Hailey and her swimsuit and boots, too cute!!

Carli said...

so funny! Can't wait for the terrible twos. So you have a Peru with the hand in his pants and the drama queen.luckily you have lauren. Jk

Joey and Nettifer said...

Thanks for coming to the party! It was a blast and poor Hailey was just shiverring in Nellie's lap! What a good time!

Anonymous said...

love her totally nkd in the shower after her swim I would make her squeal with pleasure