"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Meet The Robinsons

Photobucket

I've never been able to really get into cartoons, especially anything having to do with fantasy. I guess I don't have much imagination when it comes to stuff that is completely bogus. But I saw an animated movie that I fell in love with recently. Ethan got "Meet the Robinsons" for his birthday and I can honestly say it is one of my favorite movies, despite it being animated. Cody makes fun of me because I cry at the end every time. And I think I've watched it with Ethan at least a dozen times so far. The story is about a boy who is left on the steps of an orphanage by his mother when he was a tiny baby. The kid turns out to be a genius (literally) and in a round about way ends up going into the future and sees the incredible life he makes for himself as an adult (sort of a "Back To The Future" feel to it). It has it's funny moments, but all together it is such a sweet and heartfelt story.

This movie grabbed my interest right away because I've always been facsinated by time travel. I know it isn't likely to ever be possible because it goes against God's laws, but I've often wondered what it would be like to get to travel back in time and talk to myself as a little girl. What would I tell myself? What kind of things would I warn myself about? Would I in any way want to alter the future for myself? I would love to sit and tell that girl what I know now. I'd tell her what guys would break my heart and how I would get over it. I'd tell her what an awesome guy I'd meet in the future who I'd end up marrying. I'd tell her all about all the fun stuff to look forward to. On the same note, I'd love to be able to be friends with my parents when they were my age. There's all kinds of things I'd love to do if I could travel through time.

5 comments:

Carli said...

your song is from that movie too! haha. I love it as well. cute show!

Veronica said...

Carli- That's funny that my song is from the movie. I didn't know that when I put it on my play list. Co-ink-ee-dink!

Ute Family said...

I have a long list of movies I've always wanted to see or rent.

So, I will put this one on my list. Sounds like it's right up my alley!! Thanks.

jess... said...

Jason here... we also got to enjoy Meet the Robinsons recently. We rented it for Alan and I watched it a few times with him.....very good movie. One of my favorite lines "I'm never going to invent you."

Joey and Nettifer said...

Thanks for the review, I might have to check that movie out.