"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Painting, Cereal, and Check Ups

Photobucket
A few random things here. Sunday was so blustery and gross outside. Ethan and I painted wooden Valentine blocks (the same ones we did for craft night). I am making more sets as visiting teaching gifts. Ethan wanted to help paint, so I threw all caution to wind and let him. We had a little assembly line going. I was fully expecting to have to re-do his work, but I was surprised that he did a great job! And not just for a 4 year old. He had a lot of fun painting and helping.
Photobucket

Photobucket
That night Lauren had her first taste of rice cereal. I was sure she would cry and spit it out (that's what she does when anything other than a booby touches her mouth). But she loved the stuff! It probably helped that I added a pinch of sugar to the bowl. She had trouble swallowing because she still has that "spit it out" reflex, but at least she liked the taste of it. So I'll continue giving her a little each day so she can get used to it.

Ethan and Hailey had Dr. appointments yesterday (Monday). It's nice that their birthdays are only 3 weeks apart because I can double book their yearly check-ups. Ethan freaked out when I told him we were going to the doctor. He kept yelling that he didn't want to get a shot (that's what he equates it to). I assured him that he wouldn't get a shot. But even worse, Hailey and Lauren each got a shot. He's so protective of them and he freaks out more when he hears them cry. A nurse took him out of the room while they other nursed gave the shots. I could hear him yelling down the hall "STOP HURTING MY SISTERS!!!!" It was sweet in a strange way. Both kids are doing great health wise. Ethan continues to be big for his age, and Hailey is still as petite as ever. I'm so glad it's not the other way around! Here are their stats:

Ethan
weight: 41 pounds = 86%
height: 42 inches = 86%

Hailey

weight: 25 pounds = 26%
height: 33.75 inches = 44%

I just love our pediatrician. He is my parents' age which means he will be retiring any time now and I'll be sad when he does. He's been our doctor since Ethan was born and I've been so pleased with him. He sincerely cares about my kids and remembers such tiny details about them. He also makes a point to ask ME how I'm doing each time I see him. He's fully aware of the problems I had when Hailey was born and he's always making sure I'm doing okay. I feel so blessed that we have such great doctors caring for our family!

1 comment:

Becky said...

26th percentile?! She can't be your child?! I thought your kids were like 100%! They're so cute, I so love looking at your pics!