"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Ethan's Birthday Party

On Saturday (Feb. 9) we had a little party for Ethan with cousins and a few friends from our street (ALL boys...no girls allowed!) Of course since this is the year of Lightening McQueen everything was done to suit. I found some super cute decorations and things looked like we were living on a race track. The kids had a lot of fun and we ate a lot of terrible food. Hot dogs, mac 'n cheese, chicken nuggets, candy, chips, cake, ice cream, soda...everything that could cause a tummy ache. Cody and I were up Saturday night both feeling sick.

Photobucket

Photobucket
We were originally going to hang the pinata from the deck and smack it in the traditional fashion. But since kids were still little they had an easier time hitting it while it was on the ground...and they had so much fun doing it. We might make this the new tradition.

Photobucket
Then they started jumping off the couch onto it and REALLY getting into it. Poor Lightening got destroyed!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
The kid made out like a bandit. LOTS of presents (not that we need any more right after Christmas...)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
I found these plastic trophies and used them as Piston Cups for each kid. What a hit!

Photobucket
Ethan got his first bike and is anxious to learn to ride. Cody and I decided we are going to get bikes too so we can all start riding when the weather warms up.

Photobucket
My friend Emma made this for Ethan as a b-day gift (since he is also very much into anything super hero). How cute is that?!

1 comment:

Joey and Nettifer said...

What an awesome birthday party! Love the favors, love the hitting the pinata on the ground! You are so creative!