"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Friday, February 15, 2008

Valnetine's Day

Holidays are always more fun when you've got little kids involved. Ethan had a party at school yesterday and he had to take a Valentine for each kid in his class. But I thought it would be more fun to make a little treat bag for each kid because plain old Valentines can be boring. So Wednesday night we made cookies and put bags together.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Ethan picked out "Spiderman" cards. Ethan took a single pink rose for his teacher and melted her heart. She said that his mamma is teaching him well that he should take flowers to the girls! In the afternoon I made pizza dough so we could could put together homemade pizzas for dinner.

Photobucket
That was so much fun! Hailey especially loved to help. I think we have found our new V-day dinner tradition. Oh my, the pizza tunred out so yummy.
Photobucket

Photobucket
This is what we had for desert. It was triffle kind of thing. It was good, but there wasn't a lot of room left after all the pizza.
Photobucket

Photobucket
Lauren got her first taste of real dessert. She didn't know what to think of it! Just played with it with her tongue.

Photobucket
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!

7 comments:

jess... said...

Fun fun!! I cannot believe you made did all of that for Ethan's party. You have a lot of energy or I am just plain LAZY. We made homemade pizza also. Yummy!!!

Jylaire said...

Sounds like a great V-day party. I can't wait for the kids to get into school so I can be the cool class room mom! We do heart shaped home made pizzas every valentines day, too!

Becky said...

You are such a good mommy! I need you to teach me to make stuff with the kids and not go crazy!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that 7 of the 9 pictures you posted are centered on food. I wish that you were at your pregnant 200 pound weight so I could make fun of you.

Mandy said...

Oh, sounds like so much fun! I bet Valentine's Day is MUCH more fun with little kids around!

PS, you've been tagged! :)

Allen Family said...

Okay, Veronica. You are a crafty, domestic, Martha Stewart goddess. Can you give me lessons? I need some.

Joey and Nettifer said...

That pizza looks so yummy! I am begining to really enjoy Vday - it is so fun and the kids love it! All your food looks good!