"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

American Idol

This season I have been a closet junkie. I have not watched more than three episodes on TV, but I have watched a lot of performances online after the show aired. The exception was tonight when we watched the finale and it was awesome! Wow, the live performances from Bryan Adams and the surprise visit from George Michael. Wow. I am a total geeky fan of both types of music. I have to say I am not surprised that David Cook won and I am very happy for him. I think he was an excellent contestant and I am excited for him to produce an album. He totally has that Nickelback/The Calling/Cold Play type feel to his voice. Completely my style. I love it.
That being said, I am a little sad that David Archuleta didn't win because he is afterall, from Salt Lake City and is a great kid. Even though he didn't win 1st place, you know he already has record labels lining up to sign him. This isn't by far the last we will hear from this cutie. I am anxious to get his album as well! They both are fantastic artists!

1 comment:

Ute Family said...

I agree with you on everything you said...accept I did want Archuleta a bit more than Cook. Although, Cook has a lot more of a performance to offer than Archie does.
Anyway, it was difficult for me being from KS but living in SLC. I was torn, I will admit. But I've always loved the teeny bopper stuff and I feel young again watching my little Archuleta :)