"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Ethan's Preschool Graduation

Before I forget, I added something to my creative blog! The class picture project is finally done!

Today was a very busy day. First Ethan's gym show, then dinner at McDonald's, then straight to his preschool graduation. It baffles me that an entire school year has passed. I see how once your kids are in school that the years truely do fly by. I was in no hurry for the year to end because he loves school so much and we all adore his teacher, Mrs. Kari.

We feel so blessed to have found such a wonderful teacher for Ethan. She taught elementary school for a few years but decided she wanted to be her own boss, so she started a school out of her house. This was her first year doing it, and Cody and I were a little uneasy at first, but she has proved to be an incredible teacher and friend to our little boy. Kari has three classes, making a total of thirty eight students. Yet she knows each child very induvidually and I know she loves them so much.

Tonight at graduation she gave each parent a portfolio of their child. I was blow away at the thought, effort, and time she put into this priceless gift. And to think that she whole heartedly made one for all thirty eight children! I am amazed. We are so blessed to have Kari in our lives. Ethan is enrolled for another fun year with her and Hailey already has a spot for the 2010-2011 school year! Hailey talks about Mrs. Kari all the time too and can't wait to be in her class. In fact, at the end of graduation tonight Hailey gave her a big hug! So sweet.

I am very sad to see the year end because I have grown to love all twelve kids in Ethan's class. I have spent so much time working in the classroom and I feel that I've gotten to know them all. They have been like a little family to each other. I will miss them.

The performance tonight was spectacular and I'm so proud of Ethan. Cody and I thought he would get stage fright, but quite the opposite took place! He sang and danced and said his lines with ease. Way to go Buddy! When we got home Ethan wanted to watch the video of the graduation so we watched it, and then he wanted to watch it again. He had fun pointing out all of his friends and singing along with the songs. Ethan, we are so proud of you and how far you have come this year. You are growing into such a bright, funny, and spirited boy! We love you! (BTW the kids made their tie-dye shirts themselves. I was a fun and messy class project!)








2 comments:

Ute Family said...

Good job Ethan. Man time sure does fly!

Missy said...

I am so sad that graduation is over. I love the students shirts!