"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Lauren 8 Months





Yesterday Lauren turned eight months old. She is 2/3 of the way to one year! I can't believe it! I can't believe that I have known her for eight months, and at the same time I can't believe I haven't known her forever. Sometimes I feel like our spirits must go way back. She is so sweet and happy and rarely gives us any grief. I continue to count my blessings!

She has no desire to crawl or even sit up on her own. This is partly my fault, I'm certain, because I am always holding and coddling her. I've been trying to give her more time on the floor to explore by herself. She gets around just fine by rolling everywhere, so that probably accounts for her lack of desire to crawl. Ethan didn't crawl either. He rolled and the did an Army crawl for about two months then went straight to walking. Maybe Lauren will do the same thing. She will sit up for a little while, but then she slumps over in half at the waist. She reminds me of a little monkey when she does that.

She has started nursing less and is getting interested in real food. She loves to pick things up with her fingers and put them in her mouth. So whatever we eat at a meal I just give her little pieces on her highchair tray. Some gets in her mouth, some ends up on her lap. She is getting better at eating baby food, but she prefers REAL food. Can't say I blame her! She has also started sleeping longer at night. She has done almost seven hours in the last three nights! WOO HOO!!!

Lauren, we love you so much and are so happy you are in our family!

1 comment:

Staci said...

oh so adorable.