"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Ethan's First Sleepover

This weekend marked another first in Ethan's book of life. He spent his first night away from both Cody and me. He slept over at Lance and Courtnee's house. We have kept Carson over night several times, but Ethan has never stayed there by himself. He was so excited and all he gave me was a quick hug and a "Bye, Mom" as I left. He informed me on the way over there that I was not allowed to stay with him. The words to this song kept coming to mind as I drove home and did the dishes that night in a quiet house.

"Slow down, you move too fast.You got to make the morning last.Just kicking down the cobble stones. Looking for fun and feelin' groovy."


Time is passing us too quickly. I know I say it a lot and that is because it's true. Kids are growing up so fast and on Friday night as I was in deep thought Cody came up behind me and said "Blink and then we'll be going to high school graduations and planning weddings." A knot formed in my throat. Slow down, you move too fast.

No comments: