"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Summer Summer Summer!

I am beginning to think that warm weather might be here to stay. And it's about time! Now let's just pray that the snow pack doesn't melt too fast, because then we are in for serious flooding.

This weekend has been phenomenal. We played and played outside! On Saturday morning Ethan was still at his sleepover at Carson's, so Cody and I packed up the girls and hit Costco...hard! $292 later we didn't have a lot to show for it. But I'm glad to say that we made our first dent into food storage! It was strange shopping with only two kids. I forgot what that feels like.

After we picked up Ethan and went home, the rest of the day was spent soaking up the sun. Thank goodness for sunscreen! We bought this kids a great big pool and a slip 'n slide so they are set. Cody is such a kid at heart because he heard the ice cream man and couldn't get the kids out front fast enough! Then for dinner we grilled burgers and corn (let me just say how yummy that corn was!) Then I made homemade fries and it was all so good! I love summer!!!

There is no fence between us and the G family next door and we love having such a big backyard. They are great neighboors. Jen and I are brainstorming hosting a block party in the yard in June. Heads up to anyone who reads this blog, save the date for Friday June 6th! It is going to be so much fun. A block party is far over due!







4 comments:

Ute Family said...

I LOVE it. Summer is the best. That's where we were all weekend too. Love the pool and the block party is such a great idea.
That sunhat looks so cute on Lauren!

Chambers Clan said...

We so need a pool! It gets so hot. Speaking of parties, I got in touch with Adrien Burrell - you've got to remember them, and Tarrah is living in Woods Cross...With all these Bear Creek wardites living in Utah, wouldn't it be fun to have a Bear Creek reunion? Just an idea, but don't worry about getting out a clipboard! :) I'll help!

Carli said...

I am so excited for summer too! We should get together and go to the zoo or to the park or something before it gets WAY too hot. Let me know!

Miles and Bex said...

Your pool looks like a lot of fun. I wish summer would get here faster. Today it is actually really nice. Good for you to plan a BBQ for the neighborhood. How fun. We love our new neighborhood here. We always have little get together and are going camping this summer all together. Fun stuff.