"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day

Some freinds of ours are moving from our neighborhood. They are so lucky because they are moving to a part of Texas that is only 45 minutes from where my parents live! They have been busy cleaning and working on their house so they can sell it. Today we watched Andrew for a few hours while they got stuff done. I promise Andrew is one of the sweetest two year old boys I know. He reminds me a lot of Ethan when he was that age. He and Hailey get along great and it was a joy to watch him today. I am really going to miss his family! Today things got kind of quiet and when I went to find Andrew he was playing with baby dolls. And that's what he spent a big part of the day doing! Such a funny little guy.



Cody and I barely did anything today but houswork. Kind of a crummy way to spend a holiday, but then again it was crummy weather outside so there wasn't much else to do. None of us wanted dinner because we grazed all day. So we decided to get ice cream for dinner instead! What a fun way to spend the evening. BTW, Ethan is sitting by himself at the counter in this picture. He insisted in being a big kid. Kind of makes me sad!




After ice cream we decided to brave the elements and go to the park. Ethan's graduation was at this really great park near the foothills and we promised we would let them go back there and play. There is something almost magical about a new park to explore. The kids loved playing tonight. But who would think it would be in the 40s on Memorial Day???






Cody stayed in the car with Lauren while we played because it was so cold! When I got the kids ready to get back in the car this is what I saw. Lauren was sitting in Cody's lap having so much fun playing with the buttons and honking the horn!





4 comments:

Carli said...

I know! Yesterdays weather stunk! That little boy was so cute! I can't wait til kens can play with other kids.

Joey and Nettifer said...

Don't you just love Jen! Gosh I am going to miss her! I got all teary eyed when she told me she was moving!
I would agree Andrew is stinking adorable!
I think ice cream for every meal kicks butt!

Bel said...

That ice cream looks so good!! I want some now!! Thanks a lot there goes my diet, hehe!

Ute Family said...

Ice cream for dinner...coolest mom ever! That's awesome.
Parks are the best...hours of entertainment!