"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mothers Day Weekend

Here's a shout out to my beautiful, wonderful, sweet and devoted mother! I love you so much! Happy Mothers Day!!

On Friday we made a trip up to Cody's parent's house in Idaho. We hadn't been up there since Christmas so it was time to head north. Idaho is very beautiful in the spring, especially where his folks live. They have three acres of land and it is covered with fruit trees that are in bloom. The cherry trees are beautiful! We barely saw Cody's dad because he was out of town working on their rental property. But we had a very nice visit with his mom, Jane. I'm grateful to have Jane somewhat nearby. She and I don't see eye to eye on everything, but I know she loves me like her own daughter. I'm lucky to have a good mother-in-law. If I have to be so far away from my family and my own parents whom I love dearly, it's good to know that Jane and Allan are only a 3 1/2 hour drive away.

Mother Day was very good for me. I usually dread the guilt trip talks in church but today's talks were actually great and I felt uplifted, rather than put down. Then Cody and his brother, Tyler, made us an incredible lunch...then they cleaned it all up! It was wonderful! We didn't head back home until almost 6:00 so it was pretty late when we got in, but kids are in bed and it's nice to be back in our own house. Getting away is nice, but coming back home is even nicer!

This is Lauren's first experience with a dog. It was really sweet because Siesel treated her like she was a puppy. He gently licked her and loved on her and put his paw on her as to protect her. It was precious!



Climbing the cherry trees and exploring.





On Saturday evening we had a hot dog roast. We have these all the time at Grandma and Grandpa's house. We just sat around and talked while we roasted marshmallows . It was so peaceful!






This is Lauren's new favorite position. She lays belly down the the carpet and puts her face on it. She's so content this way. Here she crashed after church.

2 comments:

Chambers Clan said...

I'm glad you had a good mother's day! I'll be posting later on mine...Now it's funny:) I'm glad you have a good mother-in-law. I love mine too.

Ute Family said...

I LOVE hot dogs and marshmellow and I love these things even more when they are cooked over a fire. I am so jelous. And the plot of land looks gorgeous...maybe one day we'll all have something that beautiful!