"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Fun With Markers

Before my visiting teachers came over this afternoon, I was sure to get the kids plenty of stuff ready to keep them out of our hair. I set out markers, crayons, coloring books, etc. Markers...what a mistake that was. In the thirty minutes that we visited the kids decorated the whole upstairs and them selves. Walls, chairs, floors, every surface. These pictures barely do the job justice. Thank goodness for Oxy Clean! They must have decided to hurry and clean things up before I found them, because the bathroom was in utter disaray. I about died. But they were so cute and I had to snap a picture before I exploded.


When I went into the bathroom there was an inch of water standing on the floor. I think they took buckets and just dumped it out! Oh I was so mad, but I thought it was so funny at the same time.
Apparently Hailey and Ethan knew they would be in big trouble, so they got cleaning rags from under the sink and started sopping up water. This is what I found in the sink. I shoud have taken pictures of the five soaked bath towels that I used for the rest of the water. Oh these kids might put me in an early grave! And I should add that Ethan decorated the baby. I didn't get a picture of that, but apparently he had climbed into the crib while she was napping and drew all over her face. Lauren thought it was hilarious.

7 comments:

Joey and Nettifer said...

Veronica I would have died. Ethan decorated the baby! You are such a patient mom - but I guess what do you do it was already done! Love your kids!

Audrey said...

Oh, my goodness! I think we've all had this happen to one extent or another! Sounds like you handled it well. Was anything permanently damaged?

Heather Jones said...

I can only hope to one day have your patience!! I would have freaked out I think!! Ken's tried to clean her own pee up the other day and made a big mess and I was so mad about that. I don't have too much time to check out blogs these days so I had a lot to catch up on you have been busy!! How do you find time to post I need the secret!!!Your yard looks great~!~

Kristi said...

I would have died!! But I am laughing so hard right now, he decorated the baby, too freakin funny!!

Katie said...

LOL! It just gets funnier and funnier each time I hear about it!

Ute Family said...

Wow, I would've died...and freaked out! I should just brace myself mow for those years to come.
Good for you for not going completely crazy on them!

Chambers Clan said...

That is so good to take pictures. I didn't when I was babysitting a boy and they got into my paint! You know the kind that does not get out. Luckily they dumped it out in the bathroom, but the boy got it on his clothes. I washed them out like 5 times before his mom came. And she made me feel worse when she said that was her favorite outfit! But at least we can laugh about it a few years from now, Right?? That is so funny! I hope they were washable.