"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Ethan's Swim Lesson

Today was a busy day. My visiting teachers came in the morning, then Ethan had preschool and right after that he had his first swim lessons of the season. Then it was off to the store to grab a few things and we didn't get home until 6:30 tonight. The kids were pretty wiped out. Ethan did so well at his lessons which surprised me. He only had a minute of apprehension in the beginning. His teacher's name is Ryan, which is also his gymnastics teacher's name. Kind of confusing. On the way out after his lesson he yelled "Bye swim Ryan!"

Hailey of course loved the pool but she is too brave in the water. She is braver than her swim ability anyway. Ethan is also getting a little too fearless and my nerves were a tad shot after we swam. Juggling three small children who can't swim is hard so we picked up some life jackets and floats at the store afterward. I was shocked that Lauren loved the water so much. I thought she'd think it was too cold or noisy, but I was wrong. She laughed and splashed and had a great time. What a fun day!






Ethan fell asleep on the way home and stayed like this all evening. We just took his shoes off of him and threw him in bed. Tired Buddy!

3 comments:

Joey and Nettifer said...

We love swim lessons! So sad they are over for us. We decided to not keep going.
Your girls look cute in those outfits. good excerise for you!

Staci said...

love swim lessons. i wish we had a pool close. but the closest pool is 45 min. away. sucks.

Ute Family said...

Your girls look so cute in their little swimsuits. Oh, how I wish we had our own private pool!! Swimming is so much fun!