"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Golf Anyone?

Today was an absolutely gorgeous day. When we got in the van after church it was actually warm and stuffy! There is a God. After naps the backyard was beckoning us outside. Santa brought Ethan a real set of golf clubs for Christmas and it was high time he tried them out. Cody hopes to spend a lot of time with him out on the course this summer. We lazied around some this weekend and watched part of the Masters tournament and I've decided that I love golf. I have gone a few times with Cody, and although I've never been good, I love being outside on the beautifully landscaped course. It represents everything that I love. Nature, warm weather, and fun motorized carts. I told Cody to feel free to get me a set of clubs any time he wants. I'd love a pink or purple set. What a great evening in the backyard!


























































7 comments:

Joey and Nettifer said...

what a fun day yesterday and the weather - well the weather was wonderful. Looks like a new Tiger is on his way! I love bucket of balls! That is all about the attention span I have .

Bel said...

What a fun time in the sun! Bri has been sick all weekend so I haven't had a chance to enjoy the good weather :( Hopefully she gets better before the next storm hits.

Kristi said...

What a fun Sunaday evening, those are my favorite when the weather is nice and you can just go out and enjoy each other!!

Chambers Clan said...

Dave taught me to golf and got me a set of clubs right after we were married (before I had even tried!) It is fun to do once a year for the "Chambers Invitational." I will never forget (pre-kids) Dave and I were playing and got a little frustrated...He took a corner a little fast in the golf cart and I went flying out. It's funny now, but at the time I cried (more because we were frustrated than being thrown out:)

Author said...

Looks like fun. I only wish I shared your enthusiasm for golf. I'm terrible. I guess I can look enviously on your pictures anytime though.

Staci said...

i love warm days. we had such a beautiful weekend too. i loved being outside in the sunshine. i need to get into golf. but i can never hit that tiny little ball.

Leilani said...

You look so beautiful in the bottom picture! And that is an amazing view of the mountains from your backyard. WOW!