"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Sunday, April 13, 2008

My Dream Home

I came across a website called www.houseplans.com

Cody and I are always dreaming and scheming of a day when our wallet has an infinite supply of money and we can build our dream home. Actually, we would build three homes. One in Utah, one in Texas, and one in Idaho. This is the coolest site because you can pretty much custom build any type of plan. Of course when you actually go to build you have to pay a few thousand dollars for the blue prints. It is so fun to window shop. Looking at houses is something I have always loved to do. So far these are the houses I have "created" and am drooling over. They are each between 3,000 and 4,000 square feet, 5 bedrooms, and at least 3 bathrooms. And don't forget the 3-4 car garages! Each house is also full basement compatible and they all have big craft/hobby rooms. If you can't tell, I really miss southern architecture. Big porches, balconies, gabled windows, tall pillars, and if the property was covered in crepe myrtle trees, pine trees, and azalea bushes I would be in heaven.










4 comments:

Becky said...

Beautiful...I'm going to have to check out that site and do some dreaming myself!

Ute Family said...

That's awsome. Jake and I are always talking about what we want for our dream home. We've already started a list of all the new things we want for our next home. It's always nice to dream!

I love nice weather days and today was great. Jake loves golfing too...him and Cody should go. He's always looking for someone new to hang out with.

Chambers Clan said...

Those are beautiful. They kind of look like your childhood home don't they? It's hard to remember...I loved our Windsong home. I would have changed some of the things, but I love the southern architecture also. My parents home has the half circle windows that they attribute to Houston. I haven't dreamed that far. Dave would love a "fixer-upper" to renovate like his parents have done with their home.

just andrea said...

how awesome I LOVE that! I'm always thinking of my dream house too...Funny, the 4th house down looks almost identical to my parents house. that is my mom's dream house!