"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Sunday, April 27, 2008

A Week With Granana and The Gov

Mom, Dad, and Leighann left very early on Saturday morning to begin their two day trek back to Texas. Leighann's long time boyfriend (Skylar) just got back from his mission to Poland and she couldn't wait to get back home to see him. I haven't seen her that motivated in a long time. I was soooooo sad to see them go. This is the end of an era for us here. Leighann is gone for the next two years and she won't be back up here until summer 2010. And even then things won't be like they have been for the last three years. I am going to miss her a ton. It was such a great week and here's a re-cap.

Sunday- Mom and Dad got in that evening and we had a yummy dinner of roast and potatoes waiting to be eaten. Cody cooked, BTW. Thanks Babe!

Monday- Mom, me, and the kids went to gymnastics and then off to Wal Mart for odds and ends. Dad stayed home and started working on the shelves he'd brought from his shop at home.

Tuesday- Dad went with me to re-do pictures for one of the classes at Ethan's school. Dad is a great photographer and I needed his help. They turned out very well. That afternoon I sneaked out for several hours to hit the day spa. Cody got me a gift certificate weeks ago and I needed to use it. Thanks Mom for babysitting. Lauren did great but refused a bottle. She is such a toot! She just waited for me to come home to eat. Dad took Ethan to and from school and they spent the afternoon at the park flying the kite. Great bonding time. The spa was sooooo incredible. I had a massage, facial, pedicure, and hair cut. What a great day!

Wednesday- We did a lot of lazying around today. Mom and Dad headed down to see Leighann and help her pack. Dad drove her car back late that night while Mom stayed over night at her apartment.

Thursday- Mom and Leighann were gone all day. They packed up her apartment and shopped for missionary clothes. Dad and I spent a lot of time hanging out and talking. I sure love my dad.

Friday- Dad made his super yummy omelets for breakfast. He tends to be a perfectionist in most things he does and omelets may be his best thing. That omelet was the best I'd ever tasted!! I went to the temple in the afternoon, then we hit the mall to exchange some things and then picked up BBQ for dinner. Famous Dave's is the best in the world!! That night Mom, Leighann and I saw "Emma Smith- My Story". Such a wonderful film. You must see it. Before the movie we did some picture taking and Mom, Dad and Leighann said their goodbyes because the kids were off to bed. It was a very sad time for us.

Saturday- Mom, Dad and Leighann left very early. When the kids woke up I was worried they would start asking for Granana and Gov. I knew I would lose it if that happened. Luckily they were too distracted by Saturday morning cartoons.





Lauren is her happiest when she has her diapered changed. Mom is always so quick to volunteer because she wants to be Lauren's favorite!

No comments: