"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Sleepover

Last Night was...interesting. Lance and Courtnee (Cody's brother and his wife) went away for the anniversary so we watched Carson. He is only seven weeks younger than Ethan and they are best buddies. However Carson doesn't do too well with us at night and last night I got about three hours of sleep.

The first part of the evening was great because we played with playdough, dug in the dirt outside, then we came in and ate a gourmet dinner of chicken nuggets and mac 'n cheese, took a bath in the big tub, then watched "Robinhood" and ate popcorn. The kids loved it. Hailey about worships Carson and would probably marry him one day if she could. During the last half of the movie Ethan started saying he didn't feel well. He was running a low grade fever. When it was time to go to bed, he was feeling pretty bad so he wanted to fall asleep in our bed. Hailey and Carson were being too wild for him to relax. We FINALLY got Hailey and Carson to go to bed.

I am such an insomniac and night owl so when I finally wound down around 12:30 on the couch I heard a loud barking coming from our room. Ethan had full blown croup. I was afraid he was going to throw up because he was coughing so hard. Well his coughing woke up Lauren who was in our room, and then Carson woke up crying and saying he wanted to go home. This is a trend with him when he has stayed over. He always wakes up several times saying he wants to go home. UUUUGGGHHH!!! Every time Ethan coughed Carson would start to cry. Luckily Hailey was never bothered. So between Ethan, Carson, and Lauren, I barely got a lick of sleep. Oh what a night. I think it will be a veeeeeeery long time before we do another sleepover.

7 comments:

Miles and Bex said...

Stop blogging and get some sleep. I am so sorry it was a rough night!

Becky said...

Yikes.

Carli said...

for a good laugh, look at my latest post. haha

Jylaire said...

I HATE having sick kids! Sounds like a very long night!

Chambers Clan said...

Poor Ethan and poor you. I am a night owl when Dave is gone. And it never fails that right when I'M about to go to bed the kids wake up and take me even longer to get there! I think they have a radar! Hope he's better soon.

Staci said...

bless your heart. what a night.

Ute Family said...

Sorry it went so bad. Sleepovers are usually so much fun. I'm a night owl too, but I always regret it when Lydia wakes up at 7:30am!