"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Good Sleep & The Fall Girl

Two out of the last three nights Lauren has slept almost seven hours straight. The first night she did it I thought it was a fluke. She would have probably done it the next night but Hailey kept waking her up during the night. Last night she did 9:30 to 4:30 again. I don't know what I'll do with myself if she keeps this up! It's just too much sleep for me. Way to go Sweetie!
Hailey is such a funny kid with a spitfire personality. She is unstoppable. She is so much like me and it scares me at times because I know what I put my parents through. I think we are in for a wild ride.

Like the hair-do? This is what it looks like every morning before I actually fix it. We are growing out her bangs and right now the hang in the middle of her eyes so each morning during breakfast I holster it up in a top knot.

Today during the first session of conference I got up to grab something out of the garage freezer. Hailey decided to follow me but I didn't know it. She has a Leap Frog ride on bus that she scoots all over the house on. She also conveniently uses it as a step stool to get anything she wants. Well this morning she followed me right over the stairs. Cody saw it happen from the kitchen and it was like slow motion. She slid face first down and hit her face on the wooden floor below. I'm just grateful we didn't decide to put tile at the bottom of the stairs. She screamed and screamed and then got so lethargic and sleepy. We were worried she had a concussion so we watched her closely. In a few hours she was back to her normal Miss Hailey self. But her poor face looks terrible. She had a bloody nose and everything and now a pretty goose egg to sport around.

3 comments:

Carli said...

awww! Poor baby! That is so sad. I'm glad she is okay though. That breaks my heart.

Joey and Nettifer said...

Poor Hailey! Darn it. Kids are amazing how they always just bounce right back.
I hope that you got a lot of sleep last night too.

Becky said...

That beautiful girl is just having a rough couple of incidents isn't she?