"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Sunday, April 6, 2008

General Conference

I always feel a little sad when conference comes to and end. When the closing prayer is said in the Sunday afternoon session, my heart sits a little lower. There is something so powerful and testifying about so many general authorities sitting together on the stand. It's as if to say "We KNOW this to be the truth." They all band together. Yesterday was especially awesome because it's the first time in my life that I sustained a prophet of God. I know no one saw my hand go up, but at the moment when the world sustained President Monson I was there doing it too. I was standing at the kitchen sink doing the morning dishes and I was wearing my pajamas. But the spirit was strong. It's a moment I'll never forget.

I am so grateful to have the gospel in my life. I know without a doubt that it is true. Nothing could ever convince me otherwise. I know during my life the adversary has tried hard to do so but to no avail. Jesus Christ is my savior. I know He loves and cares for me as if I were the only living soul out there. He knows my family. He knows my children. He knows my every need and He takes care of me. I don't know where I would be without that knowledge. I don't know why the Lord saw fit to let me be born to parents who already had the gospel in their lives, but I am forever grateful. My heart is full.

3 comments:

Staci said...

i loved that exact moment. what a strong testimony building experience.

Ute Family said...

What a beautiful testimony you have. I fell asleep during the 2nd session on Sunday and I heard it was wonderful...thank goodness for Tivo, now I can watch it this week!

Miles and Bex said...

I love conference. Poor Haileys face. Ouch! Sounds like something Brayden would do.