"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Thursday, April 24, 2008

The Gov

Since the beginning of time my dad has said he wanted his grandchildren to call him "Govna'" (imagine a little British kid saying this). I guess he thinks he is a very dignified person and deserves such classy respect. Sorry Dad, but I don't think you fit this mold. Anyway, it has been shortened to "The Gov". Ethan has called him this since he could talk. It is so funny.

Mom and Dad came into town on Sunday and will be staying until this Saturday. They came up to help Leighann pack up her apartment so she can move back home before her mission. Dad has had some quality time with the kids. I am shocked and amazed at how taken Hailey is with him. She is usually pretty stand-offish around him. The other day she [completely unprompted] said "I love you Gov!" It was amazing. They have gone to the park to fly a kite, put together puzzles, played with the race track, read books, and cuddled. I kind of think Dad likes his grandbabies! Oh yeah, and he spent the first two days putting together some really heavy duty shelves in the garage for us. He is the best!






5 comments:

Ute Family said...

"The Gov" that is so funny. My mom wanted a nickname too, but all she got was "grandma". Don't you just love it when family is town. I'm so jelous. Enjoy the rest of your week with them :)

Joey and Nettifer said...

Oh we love grandpa's! SO glad that your family is in town!

Carli said...

Say hello to the Gov and the "goveness" for me. I wish you were here in texas with me! Phobia is open for spring break. anyone up for a haunted house downtown? Or would you rather go to Jerry's to watch a scary movie?

Chambers Clan said...

Your "gov" is so funny. I was looking through my mom's pictures and found him in the infamous vibrating old woman costume. Once I learn how to scan and crop the old pictures I'll have to email you a copy. It's hilarious. Good ole Joe Andrews is in it too. I'll never forget when the mall security asked him to leave during a mutual activity :) He is a character. I bet it's fun having him for a grandpa!

Staci said...

that is stinkin cute. The Gov! Love it. And I love the pic of the gov reading to hailey. that is precious.