"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Lauren 6 Months






I can not believe half a year has passed. This time is going by way too quickly. I found myself wishing away so much of Ethan and Hailey's babyhood. I was always anxious to get to the next phase. But I'm longing for Lauren to stay little. I am in no hurry at all for her to get bigger. But against my wishes, she continues to grow. She had her six month check up on Friday and she is thriving and so happy! She got 4 immunizations, but barely even whimpered. She was such a trooper! But the doctor found that her ear infection never cleared up and has since spread to her right ear. He said her ears look terrible. That's odd because she hasn't complained at all. She started Omnicef on Friday. Lauren still remains a dainty little thing but she is so healthy and beautiful. Here are her stats:

Weight= 14.75 pounds 26%
Height= 25.5 inches 42%

She still has yet to take solids well. That's totally fine with me an the doctor because she is growing so well. She will start eating them eagerly when she is ready. In the meantime I am starting her on iron drops just to supplement.





3 comments:

Joey and Nettifer said...

oh she is just little and adorable! Sorry she still has ear infections darn it!

Chambers Clan said...

She is a doll. If she needs, tubes are wonderful (in my experience) Braden had tubes after 5 ear infections in 3 months, and since then hasn't had any!

Becky said...

14 pounds! Who's baby is she? She's so beautiful. I love all that hair! You guys have cute babies!