"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Sunday, March 9, 2008

The Weekend

Another weekend gone and I'm left wondering where it went. On Friday night I was feeling a little frazzled so during dinner I told Cody I would be having some "me" time. So I packed up Lauren and off we went to the fabric store. I absolutely love browsing through fabric stores but it is a nightmare to take the older kids there and it's impossible to peacefully browse. Lauren and I spent over an hour there and it was divine. March is National Crafting Month and almost all of their fabric was 40% off. So $60 worth of supplies later I have some fun new projects to do. I never splurge like that on myself but Cody gave me the okay and now I can create something!

Saturday morning Cody helped a single mom in our ward move and then we spent the latter half of the day cleaning and doing typical Saturday chores. After Hailey woke up from her nap we headed out to the mall to start stockpiling the kids' spring/summer wardrobes. Why is it so much more fun shopping for kids than for myself? Maybe it's because I don't have to try anything on myself and come face to face with the reality of body. Yikes. Cody (yes CODY) picked out some super cute clothes for the girls.

For a guy who was sorely disappointed when we found out Lauren was another girl, she sure has him wrapped around her little finger. So does Hailey for that matter. He has quite the knack for dressing girls. Tomorrow if I find time I will post some pics of his cute finds. He is actually loving this daughters thing.

Speaking of girls, some friends of ours in the neighborhood had their fourth baby on Thursday (Angie and Skee for those of you who know them). Cody is their home teacher. They have 3 boys and Angie has desperately wanted a baby girl. So they let the sex of this baby be a surprise and on Saturday after helping people move Cody came busting in the house yelling "There are pink balloons outside Angie and Skee's house!!! They had a girl!!!" We were so excited for them and he immediately went online to find the perfect PINK PINK PINK dress to give them. I was shocked that CODY took the initiative to do that! He and I had fun shopping around for the perfect girly dress. We found the perfect one and we'll have it in a few days. I know Angie has waited plenty long to get her girly clothes! We took them dinner tonight and saw their little baby and she is too cute!! Cody cracks me up that he really does like the girly stuff. He is full of baloney when he says he doesn't like it.

Last night after the mall I was getting kids ready for bed. Cody was at the grocery store and I took two minutes to go get my PJs on and wash my face. A lot can happen in two minutes. See the below picture.

Photobucket
Hailey smeared Desitin all over face and hair. Before I screamed I grabbed my camera because I knew when I cooled off I would think it was funny. When I first saw her and she saw me, she said "Uh oh Mommy, what happened?!" The little stinker. I stuck her in the tub and washed her hair six times! Let me tell you that Desitin does not come out of hair. Today it was so greasy and goopy. I knew her nursery leaders would think I didn't bathe my children! I managed to camouflage it with a lot of hair gel and curls.

This morning Cody was changing Hailey's diaper and she said "I sit on potty!" She says this all the time and we always let her sit there, but she gets bored after a few seconds and then gets off. But today when Cody sat her on it she actually peed! And she went a LOT! I couldn't believe it. I don't know if it is a fluke or if she will start making it a habit. I was planning to start potty training her in May when the weather warms up so we can do it outside. But maybe we will do it sooner. Way to go Hailey!

Today we did a great job of being ready for church on time. This isn't common for us, but I was determined to get a cushioned pew up toward the front. Kids seem to behave better when we are not in the back. At 10:45 as we were ready to leave for church, Cody came in to the room and said "Guess what...we forgot about the daylight savings time change." We were actually an hour late for church!! Aaahh!! Oh well. Better luck next week. When we got home I had to snap a picture of the girls in their matching dresses. Yes, more matching dresses. Like I said, I want twins! These are dresses they wore to Uncle Cameron's wedding and I never got a picture of them together. They are so cute! Like how Lauren just looks annoyed? Maybe it's that huge head band I have on her! Too bad kiddo, Mommy loves gaudy head wraps!
Photobucket

8 comments:

Jylaire said...

Super cute pics of the kids! I'm still hunting for easter outfits! I'm so glad you got some alone time. I'm sure it was much needed. It's hilarious how we, as moms, wait until we're about to crack before we admit that we need some "me" time. Crazy!

Miles and Bex said...

I love the pictures of your kids! I am excited to see what you create with your fabric. Sometimes I wish I could sew.

Erin said...

Cute dresses. Congrats to Hailey on the potty, can you have her come over and talk to Trevor?

Ute Family said...

All you crafty people make me jelous. i never have ideas or think of anything intelligent to create...maybe one day!

Cute matching dresses. Twins huh? I bet you're jelous of Delibette and Cameron Call...you know their having twins!

Amy said...

I love all the pictures! Your kiddos are so cute! I love the matching dresses too! Way cute!

Bellblogging said...

Love the pictures! That is so funny about daylight savings. My cousin did the same thing, although they showed up to church and still had no idea why the speaker was half-way through! Funny!

Ev said...

Why are you stock piling clothes for Hailey and Lauren? Do I just have crappy clothes now?? I have TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONS for you.

Farmer Mama said...

sheeesh what is it with Desitin, its my kids fav too!