"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Weekend Update

I am longing for a weekend that has nothing scheduled (other than a 3 hour block for church). We have so many things that need to be done around the house. I should take a picture of our garage and show off how messy and cluttered it is. Why does the house and garage get sooooo dang cluttered during the winter? I wish I had five days to do nothing but clean and de-clutter.

But alas, another weekend was spent busy busy. But it was fun. On Saturday Ethan was invited to two birthday parties. Carson's birthday was in the morning. It was held at this wild and crazy bouncing moon walk/ roller rink/ laser tag/ pizza place. Wow...oh so loud and chaotic. But the kids had a blast.

Then it was off to Jackson's birthday party. It was going to be held at the park, but it was very cold and windy. So they decided to move it to the church just two blocks away. They had the gym set up for the party, but half way through a wedding crew came in to set up for a luncheon. Wow, how Mormon cliche is that? I'm surprised scouts didn't come in to shoot hoops. So then the party was packed up and moved to their house. I can see why Gina wasn't didn't want it at their house to begin with. Lots of people and not a lot of space. But it was fun getting to visit with people. Ethan gave Jackson a fancy robot and was mad that he had to give it away. Kids are funny like that. I remember always being mad when I had to give my friends gifts that I wanted to keep.







Hailey deliberately woke up Lauren from her nap today. She was sleeping in the play pen in our room and Hailey is always wanting to get her out. She flung the door open and said "Wake up baby!!" Then she climbed in and they played for several minutes like this. It's so funny to watch them interact together.

3 comments:

Becky said...

That is so cute...at least she woke up her sister to love her! Sweet girls!

paulandjenthatcher said...

Thanks for the invite to your blog, Veronica! It was really fun to look at! I loved the video for Haley. I'm in the process of making one for Millie too, but man, they take forever! You're a pro! Hope the one for enrichment is going well.

Anonymous said...

That second picture is SO 21-Jimmy.