"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Lauren's Ears

Photobucket
I am one tired mommy. As of yesterday I had been up with Lauren for two nights straight. She is such a good baby, so for her to cry at all means something is pretty wrong. She did a lot of crying the last few days, especially at night. Nothing consoled her...not even nursing. In fact I've been pretty engorged because she hasn't had much appetite. Yesterday I was running on empty but decided to take her in to the doctor, although she has had no fever or other symptoms. She had a little congestion, but nothing serious. Well, turns out she has a terrible infection in the left ear and the start of one on the right. The poor baby! I feel so awful for her. I hope this isn't the start of a chronic problem. She started on antibiotics yesterday afternoon and luckily she did a little better last night. I don't feel as tired this morning (but still pretty wiped out).

After I left the doctor yesterday I called Cody to tell him the verdict and to tell him I wouldn't be home anytime soon. I'd hit rush hour traffic on the way back and I had to swing by the pharmacy to get her Rx. He said "Just do what you need to do and don't worry about dinner or anything." After tackling the kids at the doctor and then at the store, I was beat by the time we got home.

But when I walked in Cody was making lasagna! For anyone who has never had his lasagna, you are missing out. It is by far the best I've ever had. Cody is quite the cook! Anyway, he made an entire DELICIOUS meal, had a vase of flowers waiting for me, and then did all the clean up. I have the best husband ever. He isn't perfect, but he reads me so well and pulls through every time I need him. He said at the grocery store on his way home the cashier asked him if he had special plans for the evening (looking at the bouquet of flowers and the fancy fixins for lasagna). He said his wife had a really bad couple of nights with the kids and she needed a break. He said the cashier just swooned and said "Your wife is such a lucky lady!" And I know I am. Cody, you are the best!

5 comments:

Staci said...

Way to go, Cody! Sorry about Lauren's ears. Hope she's doing better.

Farmer Mama said...

What a great hubby!

Ute Family said...

That is so cute. Husbands can really be the best can't they?

Sorry about little Lauren...hopefully the antibiotics work!

Joey and Nettifer said...

Your husband is AWESOME! That is so sweet!
That is so sad about Lauren - poor sweet thing. I hope it gets better soon.

Heather Jones said...

I first love all the cute spring pictures I need to get our kids done!!! I am sorry about the baby It is so hard when they are little and can't tell us anything. I wish my husband could cook he is great at frozen but that is it!! I might need to get your recipe I have a great one but it takes forever to make.