"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Puzzles

Photobucket
A few weeks ago when I was working in Ethan's class they were playing with puzzles; pretty intricate ones for four year olds to do. I noticed how enthralled Ethan was in doing them. Yesterday at the store I ran across a "Cars" and an "Elmo" puzzle. They each have 24 pieces. This morning I gave them to him to do and that kept him busy for almost two hours! He would put them together, break them apart, and then do it again. Each time he kept getting faster and faster. I couldn't believe how they held his interest. He even passed up breakfast because he was too busy (he said). Looks like I'm going to be stocking up on many more puzzles! What a brainiac.

4 comments:

Allen Family said...

That's funny--Cooper has developed the same fascination for puzzles just in the last couple of weeks and I'm planning to give him some for Easter. He still requires a bit of help, but he's getting better and figuring out a good portion on his own.

Happy Easter to you guys!

Joey and Nettifer said...

I saw Tommy doing puzzles the other day at his home so I ran out and bought M some and what do you know. SHe loves it and what a nice quite game :) I hope she loves puzzles as much as I do.

Becky said...

Cute boy! My mom gave Alex a bunch of dino puzzles (6 - 24 piece). He's the same way. Only David usually ends up "helping" and the puzzle pieces all end up together and I get to sort them. Fun for all of us!

Chambers Clan said...

I just hate it when there's one missing! We have thrown away so many. Good thing they are at the dollar store! I love watching them put it together. It's like they are discovering in front of your eyes.