"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The Sectional & More Puzzles

We are still trying to figure out the best use of space in Ethan and Hailey's room. I was beginning to wonder why we even have two beds in there. Every night they go to sleep in one bed. The kids cling to each other! So I decided to try making a sectional of sorts. I pushed both beds up against each other to form an "L". This way they are right by each other but are still in separate beds. And it actually freed up a lot of space in the room! It looks kind of tacky, but they are kids so who cares. These bedrooms in our house are so small. I have seen walk in closets that are bigger, but I'm not complaining. I should have taken a picture last night because they fell asleep holding hands. It was the cutest thing ever.
Ethan continues to be enthralled with puzzles. He is getting so good at them! I have a gift card to Barnes and Noble that I need to use (thanks Aunt Lyn) so I think I will take the kids there and let them get some new puzzles. Today they got a package from Aunt Kara and you'll never guess what was inside. More puzzles! I had never seen a floor puzzle before. They have super large pieces that are really thick. There is a dinosaur one and a fire truck one. As soon as they ripped open the package Ethan immediately started putting the fire truck together. Hailey was more interested in the dino puzzle. She is really into dinos lately. Thanks Aunt Kara! These will keep them busy for a while.

4 comments:

Staci said...

F loves puzzles. Every day when I get him from the gym 'playground' he is putting a puzzle together and we can't leave until he's done. Puzzles are good for the brain.

Joey and Nettifer said...

dont you just love how cute they are with each other.
got to love puzzels especially that big!

Ute Family said...

That is so cute how they are when they sleep. I wish my bro and I were that close at that age. We are 17 months apart and that didn't work out too well for us. My bro hated me. But we love each other now :)

I love puzzles...so cute that Ethan is so obsessed with them at this point. I would love that!

Miles and Bex said...

I need to pull out some puzzles for Brayden to see if he is into them yet. I would be so happy if he sat for that long to do anything.