"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Sunday, July 27, 2008

The Decoy

Once again the house was a little too quiet. I was in the front room folding laundry, enjoying the peacefulness of the house. Then it dawned on me that quiet doesn't equal peace.

I darted upstairs, remebering that my make-up bag was sitting in the hall inside of a duffle bag. Hailey was no where in sight, but I saw my gold make-up bag sitting neatly where I had left it so I breathed a sigh of relief. Then I opened the kids' room and found Hailey sitting on her bed looking like this. All of my make-up was lying in front of her.

The little rascal had replaced my empty gold bag back where it belonged and made it look like a decoy. Oh she is too smart for her own good. Funny thing is that she got the make-up in all the right places on her face. I couldn't even be mad because she was so proud of herself. She instantly said "Look, Hay-wee pwetty
!"

3 comments:

Ute Family said...

That is the cutest story. What a smart little girl! It's so great that you'll have all of these stories to look back on in 30 years. I'm sure the kids will love it too :)

Unknown said...

Quiet does not equal peace! I love the fact that she put the empty bag back in its place! No way you can deny that she is not yours!! I have heard the stories of the McCorkle girls!

Unknown said...

Quiet never equals peace when they are that young! I love that fact that she put the bag back into its place! No way that you can deny that is yours! I have heard those McCorkle girls tales! Hard to be mad at her though, wasn't it?! LOL! Oh so cute! She will get a royal kick out of this when she is older! Oh...the stories to tell their future spouses! Hee hee!