"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Thursday, July 31, 2008

My Favorite Quote

I took the kids to the park yesterday and I was taking candid pictures of them. Candid is the way to go. In my photography classes, many of our assignments consisted of candid subjects and I still do it. Kids are so pure and true in their natural state. This picture isn't the best quality (terrible camera and not the best lighting) but I like it. Ethan was sitting there loving on his sisters. I love his squinted expression because he's hugging them so tightly. And I love how Hailey is really holding onto him. This is my all time favorite quote and it fit perfectly. Oh how I cherish these kids.

2 comments:

Gina said...

This is so sweet it makes me teary! You've got to blow this one up and put it in your house. I loooooove it.

Ute Family said...

Could that picture and quote be any more perfect? I don't think so! I love it, love it, love it! And I've always loved that quote as well. I'm a huge quote person and that's right up there at the top.
What an adorable picture. You've got such a great eye! And I love the new pic of Lauren at the top.