"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Happy Birthday Ev

My sister, Evelyn, turned dirty thirty today! She has been my sister for exactly 28 years and 2 1/2 months. I wish we lived closer and got to hang out more. She and I are absolute night and day in most areas (except politics and religion, thank goodness!). But she really is my friend and I'm glad we're past the silly bickering that we did constantly growing up. She has three beautiful little girls and she's a good mom to them. A crazy mom, but pretty good nonetheless! Her hubby, Dewey, is serving our country in Iraq right now (Army) and will be there until early fall next year. I'm so grateful for people like him, and people like her who are willing to sacrifice so much for our great nation. Thanks Ev, for making life...ummm...interesting these last 30 years! Happy birthday and I love you! (I had to throw that last part in to make her squirm.)

No comments: