"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Lauren 10 Months

Lauren turned ten months yesterday! Holy cow, we are almost to one year! If you know me, you know I am already planning her first shin-dig. I do those up pretty big!

Oh how I love this girl. I have decided that I'd like her to be fully weaned by one year so we can maybe have another baby. I'm pretty darn infertile while I am nursing. We started the process this week and it is sad. I figure it will take a good two months to fully wean so we started now.

She has never known how to drink from a bottle (with the exception of a few bottles during the first few weeks of life, but she has since forgotten about it.) I was worried that she wouldn't know how to drink from anything other than the "tap" so we've been working on it. I think she has started to figure it out. I've been pumping milk for her during the day to drink and then I nurse her before naps and bed. On Sunday she laid on the floor drinking from a bottle and I wanted to cry! It was so foreign to me.

Some things I want to take note of...

-She is growing up and gaining independence and my heart hurts. I have enjoyed every second of her babyhood and I'm not ready for it to be over. But then again I look forward to the next phase of her life. Toddlers are loads of fun too!

-She is getting around all over the place. She doesn't do the traditional crawl on her hands and knees, but she army crawls and is very efficient at it!

-She loves to eat table food...anything that she can pick and up and feed to herself. Again, another way that she doesn't need me anymore.

-She babbles non-stop and the other day she said "Mama" although I don't think it was intentional.

-She hasn't quite figured out how to pull herself up onto things, but she loves it when I stand her up next to something so she can hold onto it. She smiles so big as if to say "Look at me!"

-She is really trying to keep up with her siblings lately and has gotten very interested in everything they do. Before long they will be the inseparable Three Amigos!

Here is some serious picture overload. She is such a ham and loves the camera and it is impossible to pick just one!







So proud and standing up.....
....then falling down!
Oh well, it didn't hurt!

6 comments:

Chambers Clan said...

What a cutie! I know what you mean about the sad day when they get more independent. It's bittersweet. I also am soooo excited for the next baby. Am I crazy for thinking I'm missing someone. I'll count my kids and think OK, who's missing? and they are all right there! They are just too much fun:) Good luck on the transition. I stopped nursing Brooklyn at 8 months, and it's weird that she just stopped taking a bottle one day! How do they learn so quickly on some things and so slowly on others (I'm potty training Braden and it's not going well!)

Val, Matt, and Madison said...

Lauren is SO cute! I love her hair do! :) I can't believe how fast these little babies grow. We are celebrating Maddie's birthday on Saturday!

Jylaire said...

She is getting SO big! She's just too cute! I put a post about your new blog on mine. I've had several friends deal with similar issues, so I thought it might help! Hopefully that is okay! Thanks again for sharing your story!

Bel said...

She is adorable! I can totally tell that she loves the camera, she has that cute little smile, what a sweetie pie. If you want my "1st bday" celebration decors let me know. Oh yeah and you are a brave woman for even talking about the next baby, you go girl, hehe!

melynda said...

she is getting so big, i cant believe it. sorry we miss the party, it looked like fun, we were out of town. maybe next time.

Margo said...

Those are such cute pictures of Lauren. I can't believe it has been 10 months already. Time does fly! She is such a doll. Hey I am with you for the next baby, I definitely want one soon too. We shall see!:)