"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

El Salvador

My baby sister isn't such a baby anymore. She spent six weeks at the beginning of the summer on a medical mission in El Salvador. I'm still not quite sure all that she did, but I know she worked a lot with the orphanages and directly with orphans. The pictures of these little kids breaks my heart in a way, even though they looks so happy. It is such a different world where they live. I am kind of jealous of the experience Leighann got to have down there. However, I am not jealous of her experience getting robbed at gun and knife point by locals. How scary! She leaves for her LDS mission next week and I'm really going to miss her. She's a pretty cool kid.

No comments: