"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Monday, July 7, 2008

I Miss My Buddy

Ethan stayed behind in Idaho to spend a few days with Grandma and Papa. Jane will be bringing him back into town on Wednesday night. This is the first time he has ever been this far away from us and it is breaking my heart. He is still my little baby even though he is almost 4 1/2 years old. Time is passing us by too quickly. I know is say it all too often, yet not enough.

I was so sad to leave without him on Sunday but he seemed 100% okay with it. That made it all harder for me in a way. When we got home last night and I walked in and saw his empty bed, I felt like part of my heart was missing. I know it's only for a few days, but I miss him terribly. Some people think it's weird that I love being with my kids so much. They are so young but they are my friends. I truely enjoy their company and I love spending every day with them.

Hailey misses him a lot too. She keeps asking when he is coming home. She has slept with me since we got back because she doesn't want to sleep alone in her room with out her protector. I talked to Ethan tonight and he had a list a mile long of what they were doing for fun. It sounds like he is getting pretty spoiled! He said "I miss you Mom" about 10 times. But he sounds like he's having a great time and Grandma said he's being so good and happy. We can't wait to have you back home, Buddy!




3 comments:

Chambers Clan said...

What a cutie. Those are fun pictures. I know what you mean about missing your kids. When we went on our cruise, (without the kids) it was so hard because we couldn't even call (cell phone reception isn't very good over the ocean). It was good for us to get away but great to come back. I think they missed us??

Bel said...

We have never left Bri for a night anywhere ever! I am like you I just know it will break my heart so I haven't attempted it. Luckily tomorrow is Wed. and your baby will be back, yay! Love all the pictures... all your kids look so much alike when they are babies, cute : )

Leilani said...

I love all the pictures of Ethan. He's such a sweetie in them. My two favorites are the one in the pool and the one in the high chair. Ok and I love the two baby baby ones too. That hat and the look on his face-priceless!