"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Thursday, July 17, 2008

The Wasps

On Monday evening before Mom and Dad got here, Ethan and Hailey were out playing and Ethan started screaming. He came running in the house and said he got stung. Sure enough, outside on the deck were tons of wasps. They got him on his shoulders and thumb. I don't know how many stings he had, but I do know it hurt like the dickens.

I immediately made up a baking soda paste and slathered it on him. Then Hailey wanted in on the action and said she hurt and needed "lotion" too. Then she made these fake painful moaning sounds. It happened as I was finishing up dinner, but I felt so bad so I let Ethan have ice cream on the couch for dinner. Then of course Hailey needed ice cream too. Funny thing how ice cream makes anything feel better. I spread out some thick blankets on the couch to catch the drips, then Ethan watched his "Transformers" cartoon DVD.

Cody headed to the store to get some wasp killer. When he got home and said he was going to kill the wasps, Ethan started crying more and said "No Dad, don't go kill them." We thought he was being ultra-sensitive and didn't want the wasps to die. Then he said "If you go outside, they might sting you too!" Aahh, it was so sweet and melted my heart.

I gave him a dose of Benadryl to relieve the swelling and withing 30 minutes he was out cold and stayed that way until 7:30 the next morning! Poor Buddy.




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

All I can say is nothing because your blog is not interesting to read.

Anonymous said...

Interesting topics could give you more visitors to your site. So Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

Concentrate to the things that could give information to the people.

Anonymous said...

The nice thing with this blog is, its very awsome when it comes to there topic.

Anonymous said...

This is a nice blog. I like it!

Ute Family said...

What the heck is all that comment stuff about? Your blog is private, so I'm guessing you know that person.

Anyway, that is so sad about the wasps. We have them really bad in our backyard too. It's just a matter of time before L gets stung.
Thanks again for the invite to the party. It was lots of fun.