"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The MTC

Mom, Dad, and Leighann came in late Monday night. Leighann reported to the MTC today. It has been a short but fun two days.
On Tuesday we met Leighann's friend, Melina, and Jen at Olive Garden for lunch. Jen and Tony are moving to Texas and my parents have already proclaimed themselves as their adoptive parents, so we decided they needed to meet! It was a fun lunch. Then Mom, Dad, and Leighann went to do sealings at the temple. They had a great experience.
Today I got to go with them to the MTC. As I've said before, she is the first of seven children to serve a mission. It was an incredible experience today. I can't believe how young all of those missionaries looked. They looked like little boys! Most of them were probably born in 1989 or so. That made me feel kind of old.
The girls were pretty restless and tired, especially since it was their nap time.
Ethan was excited to get all dressed up just like a missionary. I love his little name tag. As you can see, our last name is crossed out for privacy, but you get the idea. He looked sooooo handsome! I hope to be back here in 15 years dropping him off for his mission. I made a mental note to take a picture of him in this exact same spot when that time comes.


Mom got to pin Sister McCorkle's name tag on her!
Our two missionaries.
The family orientation was pretty cool. The spirit was imensely strong as we sang "Called To Serve". The song always giev me chills. Then it was time to say good-bye and there were a few tears. I can't believe she will be gone so long. A lot could happen before she gets back. We might have a new house and we will most likely have another baby. This has been a great chapter in our lives but an era has ended and I'm sad. I'm very grateful for the last three years and the bond that Leighann and I have formed. She will be a wonderful missionary and the people of Tacoma are lucky to have her.
Thanks for the fun visit, Granana and Gov. We miss you but will see you in three weeks!



4 comments:

jess... said...

oh wow!!! How great for her:) She already looks like such a missionary.

Joey and Nettifer said...

That is so awesome! What a fun day and I got a little choked up looking at Ethan all dressed up like a missionary! That is so adorable!

Ev said...

Don't get used to it, Lamo. I'm pretty sure I said it was a Wednesday thing. And it's ok to admit that it at least choked you up...even a little, Pansy.

Ute Family said...

Your sister is so cute. She's going to do great. That's so awesome that she's serving a mission.
Ethan looks adorable. You'll definnately have to take another picture of him in that spot when he's 19.