"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Fireworks

Oh how the smell of lingering gun powder can make my heart skip a beat. Watching the fireworks at night is the high light of my year. Magical. Absolutely magical. I get teary eyed a lot of the time as I watch them. On Friday we got the kids bathed and ready for bed and then drove back out to Buhl to watch the show. It wasn't crowded and we got a good spot on the ball field. What a great finale to a great day! This year Ethan LOVED the fireworks. That's a huge change from last year when we actually ran inside the house and locked us out as we did firworks in teh street with neighbors. He has since passed the scardy cat torch to Hailey. This year she cried almost every time one went off and spent the night with her head burried in Daddy's chest.



Lauren was pretty indifferent. She was facsinated for about 2 minutes and then wanted a snack.



1 comment:

Bel said...

I looks like you guys are having a great time in Idaho! Poor Hailey Bri was hugging Joe so thightly as well. Hopefully next year they enjoy it a little more.