"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Sunday, July 27, 2008

A Week of Visitors

This week has been a crazy but fun week. On Monday evening Amanda and her kids arrived to stay at our house for several days. She was living in our neighborhood but sadly she and her kids moved back out to California in May while she and her husband work through some problems. She came back to town to pack up some of their belongings and they were our basement dwellers for a few days.

It was so much fun having them stay with us. Our household was pure chaos during that time, but it was fun. Her boys, Canyon and Dane, are exactly Hailey and Lauren's ages (
see this past post). Who knows, maybe one day we will be inlaws.

Amanda and I have only known each other since February when we met at play group. But she and I became instant friends. It's great when you bump into people in life who you "click" with. It was great getting to know her even better this week. There were lots of late nights of talking, laughing, and movie watching. During the day we played in the back yard with Jen and the kids next door.

I really hope we will see these guys again in the furture. I have a feeling that even if we always live far apart, Amanda and I will be life long friends. Thanks for a fun week, guys!
I was bummed that I didn't take more pictures this week. Here the kids are fresh from the tub and eating candy. Yum!

1 comment:

CDMommy said...

This picture cracks me up, Dane and Hailey look like something really exciting is going on. Thanks for letting us stay I had a great time with you and your family.