"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A Fanatic Is Born

The other evening Cody was making dinner while the kids and I played outside. As he cooked he watched "The Empire Strikes Back". Cody and I are both big fans, but we're not die hards by any means. We own all of the movies but rarely watch them.

When we came inside from playing Ethan caught a glimpse of the movie. He had never seen it and he was instantly captivated. He couldn't take his eyes off the screen, and why would he? It had everything he loves- outer space, space ships, robots, swords, and bad guys. He actually has a Light Saber that lights up and makes sound but he never knew what it was.

During the last few days Ethan has watched "Star Wars" every day. It's amazing how much he already knows about the story. He can name all the names and tell you exactly what is happening. He even has a Luke Skywalker action figure that a friend gave him for his birthday this year. He never understood who he was until now, and now he never lets Luke leave his sight. Even Hailey is getting into it. She too can say "Darth Vader" and "Luke Skywalker" perfectly. I think we now have two fanatics on our hands.


2 comments:

Ev said...

THAT'S FREAKIN' AWESOME!! Perhaps I should name the kitty Leia....yeah. I don't know how to spell it. You should save the picture on my blog of LV and AF. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that picture.

Ute Family said...

It's so funny what kids get into! Star Wars huh? He and Joey Watts should hang out! He's a fanatic too!