"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

My Phee-O


My little brother Philip (AKA Phee-O) surrvived a bad car accident yesterday. He was on his way to feed my Uncle's horses because he is out of town. Apparently there was a large cardboard box in the middle of the road, and Philip saw it as he came around a curve. From what I understand he swerved to miss it, over corrected, his foot slipped off the brake and hit the gas, he drove through a barb wire fence, and then hit a tree head on. Sorry, Philip, if I have the facts wrong. My dad said his car is likely a gonner, but Philip and his friend who was with him are fine.

Ever since my dad called me about it this morning I have been a little shaken up. I guess it is a maternal thing to have the "what if" thought keep going through my head. What if something worse had happened. What if his car had rolled. What if he had been burned. What if he had...died. All day long I've been thinking about him. I've tried to call him but I can't get an answer. I hope he reads this and knows that I love him so much and I'm grateful that someone was looking out for him. He is a really special and good person and he still has awesome things to accomplish in life. I'm glad you're okay, Phee-O.

5 comments:

Mandy said...

I'm glad he's okay! Close calls like that always freak me out too.

Miles and Bex said...

I am glad he is okay. Things like that always make me a little more cautious all the time. We come in two weeks. We will have to stop by. B wants to see E.

Farmer Mama said...

Wow how scary!

Bel said...

Oh man that is so scary I am really glad he is okay. Things like that make you appreciate how fragile life is, and how much we need to value those around us.

Chambers Clan said...

Thanks for putting up pictures. I can't believe the little ball of energy has grown up. I remember when he shaved his head and eyebrows! Do you remember that? He was so fun and always doing stuff. I'm sure glad he is OK. That is so scary. I think we take for granted the times when we reach destinations safely!