"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Potty Training and Teething

Life is nothing but milestones, right? Today we hit upon two major ones in our house.

First off, Hailey started her journey toward potty training this morning. We had a little "throw the diapers away" ceremony and we pulled out the underwear for good. As I did with Ethan, we are not looking back and she will only wears diapers during a nap and at bed time. And even then she will wear underwear under the diaper so she feels the wetness and gets uncomfortable.

I think she will be a little easier than Ethan. She already shows a lot more readiness than he did at this stage. I hope I am right! Today is nothing but accidents, but that is okay. She is learning to recognize and make the connection between the feeling of urgency and what to do with that feeling. We will likely have several days of peeing everywhere. Thank goodness for warm weather so we can spend a lot of time outside!

Secondly, Lauren was up every hour last night with fever and feeling yucky. This morning she woke up very drooly and snotty. It could only mean one thing. TEETH! So far this baby is only gums. She looks like an old lady when she smiles. Today has been rough for her and me both. She is always such a happy go lucky person but she feels like crud. She has been wanting to be held all day and has cried a lot. Since she never ever cries, it really must be serious! I hope these suckers pop through soon!

The poor girl is not smiling at all today. It breaks my heart!

5 comments:

Jylaire said...

Good luck with both the potty training and the teeth! I'm finally past the teeth bit with my kids, and am in the potty training phase! Keep us posted on how they do!

Kristi said...

That is what we are doing at our house, potty training!! Isn't it fun! Good luck!!

Author said...

I cant believe how big they are both getting! Its unbelievable to see them change with every post. They are both more adorable everyday!

Bel said...

Wow it sounds like you have a very stressful and busy week ahead, best of luck!

Farmer Mama said...

Your kids are such QT's! Kenna is miserable right now as well. It stinks. I think she is just sick, but maybe she is cutting her top 2 teeth since her bottom two already came in recently?